Welcome you onboard.
You need a lot of money, right? And you think blogging is the right way to do it. Let’s see.
There are many myths created by the pro blogger in order to distract and sell their course on blogging.
Blogging is not as easy as it seems and not as difficult as it sounds.
And does blogging resonate with your nature anyway?
Or should you blog what you are passionate about and should you be targeting the niches that come with a lot of traffic and generate major revenue?
We will discuss everything.
In this post, I will give you the complete and comprehensive overview How To Start A Blog And Make Money Blogging?
I’ll mainly address, what is blog? How do bloggers make money? And how you, as a blogger, can make decent money out of blogging.
Let us look at the answers to all these questions one by one.
How To Start A Blog And Make Money Blogging?
A blog is a platform that comes with valuable information on a specific niche where you can present your expertise on a particular topic.
Some blogs are created with the intention to cover a lot of niches with no particular expertise in any of them. They bear less value as compared to the blogs that are created for a particular purpose covering a particular topic.
The blog is your asset highlighting the major areas of your expertise on a specific topic. This will help you grow and excel in your relevant field and target the potential clients with your flawless technical abilities.
No one would come and hire you if you don’t have any portfolio to show them. Now, technology has been evolved drastically predicting degrees or certificates are of no value if you don’t have a practical skill to unlock your abilities.
In other words, the blog is nothing but an online journal where a writer or writers share their views on a singular subject.
Before You Start
Blogging is not a rocket science if you do it with planning, else you will get stranded in the middle of nowhere with no clue what you are doing and why you are left behind in the process.
Nevertheless, if you work with proper planning and come with decent strategy in place, making a blog successful becomes inevitable.
- If you come with an intention, blogging is like a walk in the park where you can easily get off the ground with little effort, then you are living in an illusion that holds no weight.
It is observed, most of the bloggers you see now, have started working long while ago, almost ten years or so until they succeeded to find the blogging strategy that worked for them.
Some had built the number of blogs before they stuck with the one that actually turned out handy for making money online. However, this is not the case for everyone.
I am just pointing out the possibilities in your blogging journey so you are well prepared with pros and cons before giving it a shot.
- Some bloggers are out there who started with only one blog that became successful without putting too much hard work. But, this happens once in a while when good luck becomes too fortunate to handle.
Rest assured, if you work hard with persistence, you put the whole blog in a running condition within one year.
I’d be doing injustice if I would complete this post without mentioning Neil Patel who is a gem in blogging.
He wrote his first post in 2005. He progressed over time, made too many blogs and wasted a lot of money before he got succeeded to make blogs like crazyegg, quicksprout and kissmetrics.
- These companies worth around 10 million dollars each. He put too much hard work in the blog reserved for his own name Neil Patel where he gets around 2.5 million visitors per month. His other blogs also get reasonable traffic ranging from 300k to 800k.
He has recently launched Ubersuggest which is a warehouse to find valuable keyword for your blog post; without giving special heed to defining specific keywords for your next post, your whole blog would be built on shaky grounds with little to no potential to making money online.
- It is understood, if you don’t include the targeted keywords in your post for which people find the specific post on Google, the chance of your post appearing on the top of search results would become negligible.
Earning money through Blogging requires effort and experience. But, don’t worry I have got your back. I have nailed down blogging journey in simple steps, so you can grab the main idea easily without getting overwhelmed. Let’s get to the point.
1. How to Create A Blog
In order to make money from your blog, you will first need to set up your own blog. Sounds pretty obvious, right?
- First off, decide the blog niche and try to keep it as focused as possible. Build the number of posts around your niche and spread your knowledge like a pro.
After picking the suitable blogging niche, the next step is to get a Domain Name. Your domain name should be related to your blog niche.
It may seem quite a naive approach spending too much on buying the domain name you like the most.
You can brainstorm different names and settle for the one that is not only related to your blog but also comes at a cheap price.
You need to put a lot of hard work for picking the valuable yet economical domain name for your blog.
- Once you are done with selecting and buying the domain name next step is web hosting. It provides space for your data to be placed. It is similar to buying a home.
When you buy a home, it covers some area and requires some space for your home to be built where you can feel safe inside. It is advised to join bluehost that provides hosting at very economical rates.
- It is advised to make a blog on WordPress if you are a newbie and starting out very first time.
Yes, you can create your own custom website if you have a hands-on experience on HTML and CSS, however, working with WordPress is very helpful for beginners.
It is easy to use and comes with builtin plugins that help you customize your blog and make it adaptable as per your needs and requirements. It is the best blogging platform, user-friendly and easy to install.
Last but not least, you also want an attractive theme for your blog to attract readers. You can easily download lucrative and captivating themes from ThemeForest.
2. Create Relatable Content
You have created your blog, now you need to focus on generating valuable content for it.
Search for keywords your audience mostly types into search engines. Google Keyword Tool can be very helpful in this case.
There are other tools like SemRush, Ahrefs, and Moz, which are paid tool and come with more features than free ones. If you can afford, I’d definitely recommend you to go for the paid tools right off the bat.
- Do research about what kind of content your audience usually shares on social media; it will give you an idea about their interests and demands.
Tip: When you are writing your blog posts, refrain yourself from giving a clue you are a beginner, even if you are, and give them an idea you come with multiple experiences on a specific niche.
Do your proper research and read the number of blog posts before writing and creating your post around a certain topic.
The golden rule of thumb is to research the topic and then create the splendid content that bears more value and turns out to be valuable as compared to the content already written across the web.
3. Start Finding Readers
If you intend to make money blogging, which of course you do, you need to address the problems of your readers with a relevant and valuable solution.
The more you target the needs and demands of the potential visitors, the more traffic you likely to get.
- You can promote your blog on multiple platforms. There are three types of marketing strategies you can use to get potential clients which include paid, owned and earned strategies.
In the paid strategy you pay to the search engine like Google to advertise your blog or you can use social media like facebook, twitter or Instagram to promote your blog, but they are paid platform and if you are just starting out, it would be very difficult to spend too much in the start.
In earned strategy, you create the blog post for someone else’s blog, which is called guest posting.
- When you guest post for another blog, they give you backlink in return for sharing your content on their platform. In this case, they get the valuable content on their blog and you get the backlink in return. This is the win-win situation.
Similarly, owned marketing strategy includes your own blog itself which widely helps to bring the organic traffic on your blog.
- The traffic you get from the search engines by doing proper SEO is called organic traffic which is absolutely free (if we don’t count time is money which you spend planning those SEO strategies), and you don’t need to pay anyone to bring your blog on the top of search engines.
If your post brings some value and is built around the specific keywords, Google will take no time bringing your post on the top of the search results.
4. Make Customers
When you get a number of readers on your Blog, this is the high time to convert them into regular customers.
The more visitors you get on your blog, the more you come with an ability to convert them.
It is advised to grow your email list first and start building a rapport with your visitors by highlighting how your product and content can solve their problems and what are the major areas you are different from your competitors.
If you aim to make subscribers you must:
- Build an email marketing platform. It will allow you to send mass-emails to all of your customers.
Create a Signup form on your Blog. You can offer a signup form at the bottom of your posts so readers can enter their email address thinking, first you have solved their major problem by providing valuable content and if they need further help they can subscribe the newsletter.
- You can compel them to subscribe by creating a lucrative offer that you give in exchange for their email address.
People will hesitate to put their email address without getting any benefit. You need to bribe them. Offer them valuable content and giveaway they can’t refuse.
5. Email Useful Content To Subscribers
When you start your journey with the customers’ mindset, your main goal is to gain their trust. As a blogger, you can do this by sending them valuable content for free.
- When they see how valuable your content is and how it gets them closer to their goals, they will know that you are the real deal and not just another scam.
It will build their trust and also make them curious to see what more can they gain by buying your services or products.
6. Sell services and products
If you have made this far, it means you are really interested to make money blogging. You can read this post 80 ways to make extra money that will help you brainstorm different ideas to make money online and otherwise.
You have built an audience and gained their trust, this is the right time to sell your products and services.
- Make offers that your customers are looking for. You don’t like spinning your wheels for months creating a product that hardly sells.
Your products should not be based on what you want to create or what you can easily create but solely on the needs of your audience.
Make sure you are creating what they demand, don’t just assume what your audience wants.
Research and run a survey to discover the problem they are facing and offer the product or service that might solve it.
Blogging vs Passion
You may have heard this loud, start your blog with the niche you are passionate about?
This is a good advice in a way and doesn’t work if we look it another way.
Following are some niches who generate revenue and come with the possibility to target huge audience.
- Heath and Fitness
What if you interested in something else and you are aiming to write about your passion?
Yes, you can blog what you are passionate about. But you need patience doing that. You need a lot of work and time before your blog kick in and start getting some tractions.
It is all about planning, evaluating, comparing, building strategies and changing them as per the situation.
If you think you will blog one day and starting bagging the bunch of dollars the start day, then you are absolutely wrong.
Blogging doesn’t work this way.
Yes, it was possible to write the blog post and rank it within a few days if you had started the blog long while ago around 2010 or 2011.
SEO changes everything. In fact, it is the only thing that makes the difference.
If you want to grow as a blogger, it all depends on how you deployed the tailored SEO strategies.
Rest assured, if you work with consistency and give some to your blog to kick off, you will definitely get the results.
That’s all for now. I hope you have got a clear idea, with proper strategy in place, there is a lot of potential to make money blogging.
If you have any question, you can ask me in the comment section below. I’d love to help you in any way I can. You are most welcome to share your blogging experience. Thanks for reading the post.